Make a Donation to Social Action for Health

Social Action for Health is a community development charity, which works alongside marginalised local people and their communities towards justice, equality, better health and wellbeing. We could do more if we had more money. Only 14% of our income goes on running the organisation so 86% of our funds directly reach local people.

    Donating is easy using the following methods:

  • Donate through Gift Aid
  • Donate your Tax Refund
  • Donate through your Payroll

Gift Aid

A donation can be made under the Gift Aid scheme by any individual UK taxpayer.

Donations made under Gift Aid, no matter how large or small, are increased by 28% by the Inland Revenue. This means we benefit by an extra £280 for every £1000 donated, at no extra cost you. Higher rate taxpayers can reclaim the difference between standard and higher rate tax in their self-assessment return.


Mr Smith makes a gift of £1,000. By completing a Gift Aid declaration form, the Community Foundation is able to claim back a further £280 from the Inland Revenue.

If you are a higher rate taxpayer, you have the right to reclaim tax on your donations. All you have to do is remember to include details of your charitable gifts on your self-assessment tax form to claim your additional personal tax relief of 20%. Furthermore, since April 2003, higher-rate taxpayers have been able to reclaim tax relief from donations paid to charity both during the previous tax year and during the current tax year, which means that the relief is paid that much more quickly.

Tax Refund

If you have completed a self-assessment tax return and are due a repayment, you can choose to nominate Social Action for Health to receive this as a donation.


There is no restriction on the amount that can be given through the Payroll Giving scheme – up to an employee’s maximum taxable earnings – and every penny we receive from you will go towards supporting local people. The amount you choose to give is deducted from your salary before calculating Pay As You Earn (PAYE) tax. This way you automatically get tax relief on the value of donations at your top rate of tax. You can stop making a donation at any time.

If your employer is not registered for Payroll Giving it is quite straightforward to set up, they contact us for further advice on 0300 303 1203 or the Inland Revenue helpline on 0845 302 0203 for an information pack.

If you are interested in our work and would like to know more get in touch with us.

Social Action for Health
The Brady Centre
192 Hanbury Street
London E1 5HU

Telephone: 0207426 5375